Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Photoshop (Mac) Crashing when opening images or hitting return

0 Votes
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I just went to use Photoshop today only to discover that, for some reason, I'd been logged out of my account. I couldn't understand why, because I'd only used it yestersday and hadn't logged out. Anyhow, I've now logged back in but the most random thing has started happening:

If I hit the return key to complete an action (such as resizing an image), or if I have one image open and I go to open a second, the program crashes. It doesn't freeze or offer up an error - the software just closes itself immediately.

Any ideas why this might have started happening? I've not installed any new software, nor have I updated the OS or anything since yesterday when everything was working perfectly.

I'm running a virus check, but I'm not expecting it to return anything...

Cheers,

Andy

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't even see the crash reporter dialog? See this document to see how to make sure it enabled: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html Then please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address. That will help us diagnose the crash.

The other thing to try is restore your preferences using this manual method:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Votes

Translate

Translate