• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Moving Around Workspace causing screen glitching & green background on macOS

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just downloaded the new 2023 version of Photoshop. Photoshop told me that if I did not have the latest version of MacOS there could be some performance issues, so I made sure everything was up to date and downloaded the latest MacOS. However, now whenever I move around my workspace in Photoshop my screen glitches and I get weird green flashes that make it next to impossible to work.

Zooming in and out using the trackpad/mouse causes this, as well as just moving left, right, up, and down. I purged my cache and still the same issue. Restarted Photshop and my computer, still the same issue.

Someone please help as I have a lot of work to do! 

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Thanks for your feedback. We're working on this issue and share the update here.

Mohit

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 100 Replies 100
100 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting problem, PS is flickering, as if its redrawing the page with every move of the mouse. When I maximized the window, the flickering stopped? The new multi-tasking subsystem in Ventura?

16in mac book, M1 pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the upgrade to 2023 because older version was a little slow. Now, I can't even work. The PS screen/workspace flickers with every mouse movement. Workspace screen doesn't stay on unless I mouse over and then it flickers. Should I uninstall and go install an older version? Running on Mac BigSur 11.7.1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In newest Photoshop version 24.0 you have an option in Preferences > Technology Previews > Older GPU mode (Pre 2016). Check that option if you have older graphics card. Restart Photoshop for changes to take effect.

If this doesn't help try to disable the option to "Use Graphics Procesor" from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

If it helps, you can check out the steps suggested here:  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps described here:

Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com)

Please backup your settings before resetting the preferences. You can check:

Migrate presets, actions, and settings (adobe.com)

Another try it to turning on the option »Deactivate Native Canvas« (Photoshop > Preferences > Technology Previews) and restarting Photoshop.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the flickering stop if you maximize the window by clicking the green button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My version of photoshop is flickering, breaking up and useless right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the bug repeated:

Window maximized with green button, no flicker
Window un-maximized, flicker

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Just maximized the screen with the green dot and the flickering stopped and was able to move layers again. For now...that will be the quick fix until urgent work is done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Axel Matt! Will try this after i do my work. For now, just maximizing the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this laptop ever attached to an external monitor? If so, does the problem go away if you restart Photoshop after detaching or reattaching to the external monitor?

I'd also like to rule out preferences. If you restore your preferences using this manual method does it work correctly?
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use two monitors on this system? It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.

If so, if you disconnect from the second monitor and quit and relaunch Photoshop does it work correctly?

If not, if you go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" does it work correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does simply restarting Photoshop fix the problem? What's described here sounds like a known issue where Photoshop was launched on a smaller screen, then moved to a bigger monitor when attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded my Mac to Ventura 13.0 and PhotoShop to 2023. Now images are jumping around and glitching. Anyone else experience this?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe recommends that you not upgrade to Ventura yet. You can roll back with Time Machine if you have it installed.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-ventura.html

"Important! Until these issues have been resolved, you may want to remain on your current macOS version or test in a non-production partition to ensure all your software and hardware is compatible."

You've reported this as a bug, so the engineers will see it.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. The only reason I upgraded to Ventura was I could not sync my iPhone to my computer to back it up. I got a message that said the Mac’s software was not compatible and to update it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. The only reason I upgraded to Ventura was I could not sync my iPhone to my computer to back it up. I got a message that said the Mac’s software was not compatible and to update it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was in a Zoom meeting, and had to share my Photoshop window. Turned on sharing for Photoshop, and a green screen started flashing, It became extremely slow.. Glitching.. etc. I turned off the Use graphic processor, played with other turn off boxes, and the performance is just horrible, to the point I cant get anything finished. I uninstalled Zoom znd all its components. Still the same. Any Ideas? I'm on a iMac. Photoshop 24.0. Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB. Never have had this problem with this computor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try restoring your preferences using this manual method:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back

It may also help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you quit and relaunch Photoshop, does it work correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't upgrade to Ventura andI am experiencing the same problem since the last update. The Photoshop is unstable right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, quiting and re-opening PhotoShop does not fix them problem.  Does seem to be worse if I am zoomed in, but still does freaky things when I am at 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KateSFDA - interesting. I use PhotoShop a lot and never had any issues until the Ventura upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Ventura and don't have any of these issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of PhotoShop are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Ventura 13.0, noticed glitching before I updated...after updating it is much worse! 

Votes

Translate

Translate