• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Paint Bucket Tool Not working correctly

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bug that keeps appearing when working on photoshop. It happens randomly, not when I start photoshop up or anything, it just happens whilst I'm working. 

I want to change the colour of what is one layer to specific swatch. So I command click on the layer to select everything on it, then create a new layer, then select the paint bucket tool. However when I try and fill the layer nothing happens. The only way I can get it to start working again is to quit photoshop and start it up again. Then it will work fine. 

There isn't any pattern to when the bug starts and the images I'm working on aren't huge

My mac is running Monterey 12.5.1, Photoshop is 23.4.2

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What sort of input device are you using? Mouse, Trackpad, or a Wacom tablet/pen tablet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a mouse/keyboard 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I guess that you checked that the blending mode you selected allows the fill to happen in a noticeable way.

Also, how do you select the paint bucket? clicking on it? G keystroke?

Did you try to reset the tool: right-click on its icon in the option bar: right-click tool icon in option bar to reset it.right-click tool icon in option bar to reset it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines