Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop periodically cannot ‘save’ file and forces ‘save as’

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is on mac ventura.

My photoshop periodically forces me to 'save as' as if it lost the file path or something. It treats the file as if its the first time being saved. 

'Command S' prompts the 'command shift s' command rather than simply the 'save' command.

In 'history' it displays an odd 'cancel save' notice accompanying this phenomenon.

I cannot find anyone with a similar issue so I posted this. Currently there is no fix. I either save a million copies of the file with different names, replace the file or reopen the file and lose all the changes.

This begun after the last update.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will happen if the file has added properties that are not supported in the original format - such as adding a layer to a jpeg, or resaving it as 16 bit.

If that's not it, please list the exact steps you're taking, what you're starting with and what you end up with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will try to provide as much info as i could.

Its a psb file. There are many layers. The only tools being used are 'eraser' and 'brush'.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines