Photoshop v 23.5 driver power state failure crashing WIN 10

0 Votes
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

This started in last month or so. I have NVidia GTX 1050i. My Dell laptop with Windows 10 has been crashing almost every time I open Photoshop & a search of the bluescreen error message attributes it to a graphics card driver issue. Sometimes under the Performance tab it says the GPU is compatible, more times says it's not. I found that there is recommended to use the Studio option instead of the GameReady. I downloaded the Studio driver & put it in a folder, but trying to install it thru device manager process doesn't work. It doesn't find it by itself & I cannot point the dialogue box to it either. The only other option is to "Uninstall Device". I don't know what to do. If I uninstall & reinstall Photoshop I don't think there will be a way to install specific driver. Help??

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to download nVidia GeForce Experience app and to install Studio driver through that app instead of trying to manually install. I am using GeForce Experience, by the way. It was available for 1050Ti when I was using that model previously.

geforce experience.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the Studio driver from the NVidia site below and after downloading just click on it to install (no need to do anything in device manager)

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx

During install you will see an option for 'Advanced'. Take that option then check 'Clean Install'. That will overwrite any remnants of the old driver.

I would not, and do not, install the Gefore Experience software, it is not needed. Just uncheck it in the options when install is running.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is aware of issues with version 23.5 and Nvidia GPU's

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/object-selection-very-slow-response-photosho...

2022-08-31 16_40_33-Window.png

"I downloaded the Studio driver & put it in a folder, but trying to install it thru device manager process doesn't work"

When you download the driver you just need to double click on the exe file and the installation will run itself, no need to go into device manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks Bojan & Dave & the others. I'm finally seeing a light at the end of this annoying tunnel! I'll report back on progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate