• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Will Not Allow Me to Save PSD files

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 11.18.28 AM.pngSince this new update photoshop will not allow me to save .PSD files and several other "Save As Copy" file types are missing (see attached photo). For the "Save" function I only have the PSB and Tiff option regardless of the size of the file as I've even tried to save a blank file at 11x17inches. The files that are saved will not open or upload to webistes. I checked previous files that I had created prior to this update and they all work fine so it's not a wesbite issue, it's a photoshop issue. I've RESET TO FACTORY settings that did not fix the issues, I also uninstalled and re-installed and that did not fix the issue. What is going on? I do small graphic design work and need photoshop for my printing business. I have never had this issue and it seems like there is no fix. (All my styles and uploaded effects were also deleted when the last update happened). Since photoshop is a cloud program, no matter what desktop or Mac I use it on, it doesn't work properly.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The size of your image is 6600x36000 px. This is a very large number of pixels, regardless of the content of the document. Photoshop offers you formats that can be used for documents of this size. The native format for storing such data is .psb (large document format).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it would less confusing, as far as Saving goes, if in Photoshop>Preferences>File Handling you check Enable Legacy "Save As"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quoteI've even tried to save a blank file at 11x17inches.
By @kiokoclothingco

For testing purposes, can you tell us what happens when you choose from the presets (not "recent")? Try Print > Tabloid for the 11x17@300ppi and tell us if you get the same results.

C74D28DB-8747-4322-8037-3A4C7EAF6B15.jpeg

If you have the same trouble, you may need to reset preferences. If this image works okay, it's a setting that you are using.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines