• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem, solid grey and no templates after opening.

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open Photoshop, I see the error "Error while executing Task Queue Item." The entire window is solid color; I can't see any of my recently opened files, and the left menu "New/Open." is missing. I still can see the top menu, but when I choose File>New>Document Type (Any), size templates are missing, this is Legacy Interface. In the new interface, all presets in the same window are missing, and I can only access Adobe Stock templates.

It happened after the last update. I tried to roll back to the previous version, and it's still there no matter which version I choose.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences

2023-02-05 13_29_10-Preferences.pngIf that doesn't help try using the Adobe cleaner tool

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @FckU12 it appears as @Ged_Traynor shared that your installation is corrupt. A clean install via CCD should solve this, please let us know if this in fact does.

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to uninstall Photoshop and Creative Cloud, delete all Adobe folder on main drive, included Windows folder and all invisible AppData folders and performed clean installation. Non of the above helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the update @FckU12 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines