Problem with GPU support in PS and LR

0 Votes
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So both in LR and PS my screen is flickering or turning on/off very fast, whenever I do something.

So eg. I change the contrast, hue or whatever, the problem occurs.

I figured its got to be any problem with the GPU as it disappears when I dont use it via settings.

The problem occured first like 3 months ago and I turned it off as I said, but no I had to do more work and needed the power. But even with new drivers and with the latest versions of Adobe programs it still appears.

TheGPU (RTX 2080 SUper by MSI) works just fine and it is most definetely no hardware problem.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jann5FF2, sorry to hear you are having GPU issues...

A couple things off the bat, have you updated to Ps 23.3.2 (just came out today)? 

Also, try:

Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur? 

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur? 

Thank you,

-- Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing to look at is if you have G-Sync enabled: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-bugs/p-cursor-stuttering-amp-screen-flickering-in-photosho... 

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G-Sync is disabled.

And is seems like is has nothing to do with GPU Compositing or the Native Canvas.

But as I said, it occurs in PS and LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jann5FF2 , can you send us your Photoshop System info (under the Help menu). A few more questions:

1. Do you have multiple monitors

2. Are you using either/both apps full screen or overlapping windows? Does it happen if you do NOT overlap windows?

3. Does the issue happen if only using one app at at time?

4. If you turn off GPU support in Photsohop > Preferences > Performance, does flickering stop? in both apps? Try the same in Lightroom Preferences > Performance

Votes

Translate

Translate