• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: PS v24.2 update fail on Mac M2 - error 183 <edited-kglad>

Contributor ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop update to v24.2 fails on my M2 Mac mini and then corrupts my currently installed version (it does not open and displays error saying elements of the app are missing). I had to reinstall v24.1.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

UPDATED: NEW LINK

Everyone, would it be possible for you to share your installer log when trying to install the 24.2 build? Feel free to email to shubert@adobe.com

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 141 Replies 141
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue now, photoshop will not load at all. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bob28174178nwor maybe you should start your own thread as the above may not be related to your issue, please provide as much information as possible, Photoshop and operating system versions, computer system specs etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @roberts33286217 can you show the exact error message you are getting when you try to open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @roberts33286217  and @bob28174178nwor please share your sysinfo and any screenshots you have of the errors.

Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert It's not possible to share system info from the app as it will not load, attached are screen grabs of the errors.

@bob28174178nwor go to cc > apps, click the 3 dots > other versions and install version 24.1.1, it will replace your existing version and you can continue to work until the update has been fixed.

Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 10.18.58.pngScreenshot 2023-02-24 at 10.19.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same problem. Brand new 2023 Mac Mini with M2 chip. Lightroom and Bridge install ok. But Photoshop will not install. Same problem as described above 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@fizzyfizz install v24.1.1, that version has been running fine for me on mac mini M2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, just done that. Working fine 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried to do what the message says - uninstall and reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have it installed in the first place. I'm currently in the process of setting up a new Mac. v24.1.1 is working ok. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't get a msg about it bring corrupt but it constantly crashes when opening files.

Makes me wonder whether they actually tested this update befor shipping it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATED: NEW LINK

Everyone, would it be possible for you to share your installer log when trying to install the 24.2 build? Feel free to email to shubert@adobe.com

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CMB_photosnapper What you describe sounds like something completely different -- would you create a new post after going through these steps? GPU Troubleshooting

Also, please submit crash reports if you get the crash reporter.

Thanks, and sorry for the crashes you're seeing.

Regards,

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, the team is wondering if you have Rosetta enabled or not?

If not, please install Rosetta and restart, then try the install again. To install Rosetta, open the Terminal app and type “softwareupdate --install-rosetta”.

You’ll be asked to accept the agreement, and then Rosetta will install. For more info see Apple’s article, If you need to install Rosetta on your Mac

Give that a try, then let us know if it helps.

Thank you,
Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have intentionally avoided installing Rosetta, until there is a fix I will be sticking to 24.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pete.Green @CoryShubert I reverted back to 24.1.1 and that works so it has to do something with 24.2.

Never had an issue in 24.1.1 with GPU compatibility or Rosetta, not sure why that should be an issue now? I wouldn't even know why it would be necessary to get Rosetta or install it for 24.2 - unless changes were made.

I shared my crash reports when they happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed Rosetta and can confirm Photoshop v24.2 will now sucessfully install. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that update @fizzyfizz 

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CMB_photosnapper, we are not seeing any crashes reported by you.  Did you use the same email to report them as you are here? If you used another email, please share with us so we can pass your report to the team.  Send to shubert@adobe.com

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert Thanks for your reply - I'm not sure whether it would transmit my email, it crashed everytime I opened a file and every time I clicked on "send report" (or whatever it says) and at least one I enterered some details - though I don't think I added my email.

Anyway, with 24.1.1. it works and that's good enough for me at the moment - but it definitely looks like there are some issues with the update and that bit regarding Rosetta is also a bit strange. I'm just going to wait out until the next update and if there are any issues I'll contact support through the regular channels 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update @CMB_photosnapper, without an email we are not able to tie a crash to this thread and issue.  

The team is looking into this and we will update this thread once we have more to share.

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert Ah, that's good to know! I thought it would be automatically tied to my account email via CreativeCloud or something - next time I'll take the correct path

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert I ran into the same issue.  'course - i'm not jazzed to have to install Rosetta 2 to get PS to work correctly.  I'll hold off on installing PS for now.  Hopefully Adobe can squash this embarrassing bug quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW it's also failing to update over here. Also no Rosetta installed and no interest in installing it. We reinstalled 24.1.1 and that's working again.

Looking forward to the fix!

You might want to pull the autoupdate to 24.2 at least to Macs until you have a version that doesn't brick itself at about 80% through the update process 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines