Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to 24.0.1, PS crashes.

MacOS 12.6

Here's what I get:

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 3.58.56 PM.png

Happens every time. I'd like to provide more info, but I can't. I get this when clicking on the icon or clicking on Open in the Creative Cloud app right after updating. The report was sent to Apple. If it would be helpful to post the text here, let me know.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Photoshop crashes or freezes, this is the first thing to do, try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

If that doesn't work, a few other areas to try: 

Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Multithreaded Compositing - and restart Photoshop. Better? 

If that doesn't work, Go back into Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Better? 

You can try this too: in Preferences>Technology Previews, check the box 'Deactivate Native Canvas' and uncheck 'Enable Native Canvas Rulers' options, then restart Photoshop. Does this work? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Photoshop Help Menu>System Info and copy/paste the details here.

That will give us a better clue as to what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's most helpful when you can submit the log through the Adobe Crash reporter. If that's not popping up you can re-enable it if you've disabled it using the instruction in this document: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html If you can get that dialog to show and submit all Crash Reports along with your email address that will help us diagnose the crash.

If you can't get the dialog to reset, the text from the Apple crash log is the next best bet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines