• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ps beta release 24.4.0 will not open correctly from Lr.

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been editing a portrait in Lr 24.2.1 using the new masking feature. I then tried to open the edited file in Ps beta release 24.4.0 to continue editing it. Unfortunately Ps does not open correctly. The main Window flashes continuously and the file does not open properly. Is this a bug or have I done something wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably best to work with a none-Beta version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek, thanks for your reply. I think that you might be right about that. But I thought that it might be useful for Adobe to have this information and can't remember if there is some official way to report it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait, are you suggesting people not try the beta and submit feedback?  That's kind of the entire point of using the beta isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

One option to try is to select Preferences > Technology Previews > Enable "Deactivate Native Canvas" > Restart Photoshop. 

Let us know if this fixes the issue, or if you are still having the problem?

I agree with Derek, that using a Beta version is probably not the best idea when you are in a production environment.

And of course, work with the Beta to give feedback but don't rely on it when you have important work that needs to be finished.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @MarshaLevine curious if you have tried:

Go to Ps Beta, Preferences > Technology Previews... and enable “Older GPU mode (pre 2016)” - Restart Photoshop Beta. Does the problem persist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines