• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CS4 has problems since reinstall

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to wipe my hard drive. Photoshop CS4 has had problems since I reinstalled it.

The Move Tool's cursor is a funny bar that looks like heiroglyphics (It seems to be made of a strange assortment of pixels, divided into roughly three sections). I tried to take a screenshot, but that apparently makes the cursor disappear.

When I select something with the Square Tool, I cannot deselect the area by clicking. I have been able to deselect it by clicking with the Lasso tool. When I click with that, the cursor becomes four dots in a line.

When hovering over a layer in the Layers pane, the cursor becomes a third sort of line, white rectangles with black borders.

I have reinstalled the software two additional times, but the problems recurred. I am running Windows 10 64-bit.

Has anyone seen anything like this? PS worked fine before the first reinstall.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Triple Cursor has to do with the Windows OS Scaling settings like explained in this Adobe KB:

(windows 10 and 11 have a different name for it) (right on your desktop, click Display settings and look under Scale & Layout)

scale.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines