• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"could not complete your request because of program error" - while typing

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this error message since yesterday while trying to type (using type tool).

- It won't trigger when opening older files and editing text layers. 

- I can even drag and drop text layer from old file to a new file and won't get the error message.

- creative cloud is up to date, PS 23.5.1, graphic drivers are up to date (win 10, also updated today)

- I have tried all the tips (cache size, plugins generator, graphic settings, etc.)

image.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, the first thing I'd try would be to reset the text tool with a right-click on its icon in the top Option Bar.

you can also reset the character and paragraph panels from their hamburger menu on the top right.

Finally, Try to restore your preferences to the default using this manual method:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually it lets you keep a copy on the desktop that you can use to revert the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines