"Save As" didn't show on History status

0 Votes
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I  choose "Save As" to save  a file,  this step didn't show on History Status Panel in PS 23.0.2

It shown "Save" , not  "Save As",  it make me confuse.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to history, it's basically a save, as once the file is saved using save as, it's a new file, but it still has all the old history, which you can return to. You can't go back in history to the original file. Once you do a save as, the original file remains in the last saved state prior to the save as. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I see when I create new document, save as (save as a PSD)

JeffreyTranberry_0-1638908838681.png

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing what you're seeing, Jeff. I just get a save. I tried what you did with a new doc, and also older docs, using save as to keep the same file type and to change the file type. All showed just save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please take a look on cap screen.

I open a tif file ,  save as psd ,  duplicate a layer ,  save as jpg ....  the panel  shown "Save"  , not  Save As ....  IT SHOULD BE SHOWN SAVE AS .

Next step,  I quit it,   PS  prompt  me if  need to save before quit.  That means  I didn't save this file , but the history panel show "Save"...  If  I want to see the history panel to recongize what I done before,  that will be in trouble.  The history told me I "SAVED"   

In previous version, it doesn't like that.   I  use   "Shift Control + S", Save As,   the history panel will shown "Save As"Untitled-1.jpgUntitled-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate