Exit

P: Rulers display wrong units when set to Percent

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 23.0.1

MacOS 11.6.1

When changing the Ruler units to Percent, the wrong units display on the vertical/left ruler. The horizontal/top ruler works normally, and other units (Pixels, Inches, Cm, etc.) seem to work normally.

I was able to find a workaround by unclicking Prefs>Tech Previews>Enable Native Rulers, but it is clearly a bug that should be addressed.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
9 Comments
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing this too... Really anoying.

Photoshop 23.0.1

Mac OS 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already had "Enable native canvas rulers" checked. Unchecking it seems to fix it for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the report. I've asked engineering to take a look. For now use the workaround by unclicking Preferences > Tech Previews > Enable Native Rulers.

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the case on Windows computers also.  The percentage marks on the left aren't arbitrary; they are relative to the top edge of the document (so for a square document, both edges go from 0 to 100 %).  This has been driving me crazy!  I'd be fine with it if there was a way to easily swap between absolute by side vs relative percentages.  Fortunately, Jeffrey Tanberry's work-around solved the problem at last for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue today. Seems like a relatively new issue since this is the only topic. Annoying but unchecking the native rulers worked for me. If anybody reads this, keep in mind you have to restart Photoshop for it to fix itself.

Thanks for the answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 23.1 but I'm still having this issue. I have a 50% grid with 1 subdivision (so, one vertical and one horizonal gridline) and my horizontal gridline is down about 2/3 of the way instead of at 50%. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, the update (23.1) seems to have fixed this issue.  Stay safe!

Votes

Translate

Translate