• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scratch disk fills up no matter how big, no auto delete (purge) anymore?

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I observed in my workflow that scratchdisk is filling up very quickly playing actions in batch automation. This is a big issue for my business because we let the images process while we are away from the computer, but at a given moment when the scratch disk is full the processing stops because of the error. Why it is not possible for Photoshop to purge automatically the scratch data from the disk? Why does it need soo much free space? In older versions of Photoshop this was not an issue. 

Please resolve this issue or include an option to be able to set automatic purge after exceeding a certain cache file size. 

Thank you!

System Specs:

27" iMac 2017, 4,2 GHz i7, 40 GB RAM, free space 120 GB (SSD)

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

120GB hardly seems enough for a demanding workflow. I suggest you set up an external disk for scratch. Or, if it manages a good part of the batch, set up to restart Photoshop regularly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. What is the specific workflow/Action?
  2. And on what types of files?
  3. Feel free to email me daniel at adobe dot com > Please include a text file with your File > Help > System info 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What settings do you have in this dialog?

JeffreyTranberry_0-1666121438330.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines