• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcut keys for tools do not work (PS CC 2022)

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sat down to edit and all of a sudden simple shortcuts to select tools do not work...if I HOLD down the key (for instance "b" for brush), it will stay selected, but the second I release it, it reverts back to the Move tool. I tried restarting PS and it's still doing it. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Try turning off spring-loaded tool shortcuts in Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jedizarrtan sorry to hear this. Curious if you have tried changing the springboard keyboard shortcuts time? By default it is set to 200ms which is what it has been for years so if that doesn't work for your workflow, increase the timing or uncheck that option so that spring-loaded keyboard shortcuts are disabled if that fits your workflow.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been found a solution yet? Same problem here, I found out if I press the shortciut (e.g. B) four times the tool changes. That's not satisfying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue and have reverted to using Photoshop 2021. I'm wondering if the problem is my Mac OS? I'm on 10.5.7 (Catalina).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this ussue too, mostly with the text tool but I even get instance where it will select the tool I want then switch back to the previous tool when I click on the window.. I REALLY would love a fix for this, I have reinstalled photoshop and cleared all my settings multiple times and it still does this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off spring-loaded tool shortcuts in Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I have been dealing with this for over a year and I had no idea that was a prefrence option, the earlier post about it made me thing it was a plugin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm giving this a try tonight - so far so good! Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! Thank you so much. This has been driving me crazy, My shortcuts work again. Bless you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you for this i would have never figured it out and i was ready to throw it outta the window ))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines