• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some of the applications components are missing from the Application directory. Please reinstall...

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I wouldn't be posting another post about this issue, but everything I have tried so far, nothing worked. I still get the same error message. I am hoping there is an easy fix.

It works on my laptop, but not on my PC, which runs on Windows 10.

I tried reinstalling and removing everything connected to photoshop several times and in different ways. Nothing works.

Best,

Luka

janee_0-1709036849578.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Please change the Install language to English on the Creative cloud > Preferences. 

Reinstall the Photoshop and reset the preferences of the Photoshop from the location mentioned below. 
C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2024\Photoshop 2024 settings to Photoshop 2024 settings.old

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @lukad39284110 sorry to hear this. Curious if you have tried Ps 24.2.1 and if you are getting the same error?

Are you able to rollback to a previous version of Ps?

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CoryShubert 

I tried several older version and the result is still the same, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update @lukad39284110 

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually 

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a fix for this? I just started having this problem after installing Photoshop 2024 on a Mac running Ventura. I manually removed preferences, uninstalled 2024, installed an older version and get the same message. Additionally, I removed Photoshop Beta. I still get Beta as a choice of opening pdf or png files when I right click them to select for opening app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the way.  I cant belive adobe let this to happen. Here is link to file. You just copy and paste locales in file where you have photoshop. Its very disappointing that adobe still not fix that problem. Shame on them...  Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOFzMlXmNRM it is not a SCAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @lukad39284110 are you installing on the local C: Drive (same as the OS system folders)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have the same problem and have tried everything, nothing works. Are there any other solutions?

Thank you

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Leonnoel same question to you - where are you installing Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

I have freshly installed Photoshop 24.2.1 from the creative cloud platform on Windows 11 Pro.

The following message is shown: Some of the application components are missing from the Application directory. Please reinstall the application.

Uppon clicking OK nothing happens. I tried reinstalling the same version and also older ones. Restarted the computer between. The problem is the same every time.

Is anyone able to provide a solution?

Vita28905635d81r_0-1678956635253.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried, did not work, same problem. Tried also updating windows visual studio and running photoshop on both graphics cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vita28905635d81r are you installing Photoshop in the C: drive (Same drive as system and user folders)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, making sure you all have cleaned your CC desktop app as this sounds like it is corrupt.

Has everyone walked through these steps as @Ged_Traynor listed and afterwards, does this issue persist?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for a late reply. Yes, it's installed on my primary drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the tool and the problem persists, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wtf 😕 @CoryShubert , now even my instalation stuck in same error, the virtual asistants are guiding me the whole day and even remote controling my pc about 10 instalations and downloads and so on and on happened and it's still the same message 😕

should we really find alternative software?

I need solution yesterday, and since the payments are getting higher, that looks just insane. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @NACFOTO are you installing a different language version than the OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Support Community,

I've seen that I can change UI language in PS to my native one. PS is installed on my laptop, drive C:. I changed the language in Adobe Creative Cloud app and than uninstalled PS. When I reinstalled PS and tried to open it I got the message: Some of the application components are missing from the Application directory. Please reinstall the application.

I did it as adviced, but the message was the same. 

I don't sync my files with Adobe Cloud. Should I have to clean Creative Cloud?

Thank You for your help

Matjaz M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @matjazm_1951 what language is your Windows OS installed with? Is it the same language as you are trying to install PS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Windows OS is installed in the same language as that one I tried to install for PS. But, I got the wrong information which languages are available for PS. Yesterday I changed the language in Creative Cloud App again to english and PS works fine. There is no issue anymore.

Thank you for your help!

Matjaž M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem... now it works 🙂 thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoj

Imam isti problem. Ker pa nisem računalničar imam mal težav z razumevanjem tega, kaj moram stroriti. A lahko kdo tole mal za telebane razloži. Večno hvaležen.
Windows 11 home 64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zdravo!

Ker je že nekaj časa pretkelo, ko se mi je to zgodilo, bom poskušal opisati problem in rešitev. Nekje sem prebral, da je Photoshop tudi v slovenskem jeziku, le v Creative Cloud Application je treba to spremeniti, pobrisati Photoshop in ga ponovno inštalirati. Seveda, PS mi je po reištalaciji javljal napako "Some of the application components are missing from the Application directory. Please reinstall the application.". To sem naredil, pa ni nič pomagalo. Potem pa sem v Creative Cloud Application spet popravil jezik na angleški in PS ponovno inštaliral in od takrat stvar deluje.

lp

Matjaž

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saj ni za verjet, samo v mojih preferencah sem iz slo spremenil v eng in stvar deluje.

Neizmerno hvala!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines