• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spot colors channels are not saved when this occurs

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using Gmail in Crome, you will download the attachment.  which then defaults to downloading the file in Window's 'download' folder.

i then open the file and add custom spot channels.

i then close the file and the spot colors are no longer there.

the way i have my settings the option to save or not to save spot colors is not present.

the only workaround is to 'save as' the file to a different folder, open it back up, and then save it to a desired folder.

i have my settings set this way:

preferences:

General: 'use legacy "new document"

PLEASE bring it back to the way it was in older versions where ANY WORK you have done on a file gets saved.

i honestly cannot think of any sceneario where some would add custom spot channels and then not want to save the file that way.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i forgot to add; i never have this issue with photoshop files that i generate from exporting from other apps. Example: a photoshop file exported from Illustrator will always save custom spot channels.  it appears to be ONLY when i am opening files that have been saved from Gmail to the downloads folder, which then a link appears at the bottom of Gmail to where which i open it.  it only happens on those files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"...you will download the attachment. which then defaults to downloading the file in Window's 'download' folder."

What kind of file is this?

"i then open the file and add custom spot channels. i then close the file and the spot colors are no longer there." 

Are you saving the file before you close it? What is the file type when you save it?

Are doing Save As? Save a Copy? Just hitting Cmd S before closing?

A video/screen grab of what you're doing may provide better clues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines