• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tools stop working

Explorer ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am in deep zoom, the tools stop working. I can't use zoom, I can't use the hand tool or anything. All I get is the cursor arrow. I have to restart Photoshop. It keeps doing it regardless of how many times I restart!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried with preference reset what can be solution to weird problems https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

By the way, what is Photoshop version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rafaelis 

Go to Preferences/Tools and disable flick panning and overscroll - does the issue still occur?

Are you using only a mouse or do you also have a graphics tablet/pen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the newest version of Photoshop. After uninstalling and reinstalling, the issue is resolved. However I am experiencing another issue when using my Wacom tablet. When using the pen it may take several tries before photoshop reacts to it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rafaelis thank you for letting us know. Ok, have you checked the Wacom site to make sure the latest drivers work with your version of Ps?  You can trash them and try to reinstall and see if that solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually went to the Apple store April 26 thinking it was the new laptop. We trashed and reinstalled the newest Wacom driver there and it all appeared to work fine. In fact, 2 days ago, for a very brief time after several restarts, the Hand Tool went away and the Brush tool worked. I only used it for a few minutes then the class was over so I closed Photoshop. The next day the Hand Tool wasn't working again despeite several restarts and opening and closing Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@sarag55182640 the original poster is on a Windows machine, so your Mac issue is possibly different. Could you start a new thread so we can deal with it seperatly and not confuse this customers issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines