• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform tool changes the type point size slightly, even without performing a transform

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use the Transform tool on Live Type, just to use the centerpoint to center the text onto a guide line, after pressing Enter to escape the transform tool -- even without performing an actual transform -- the live type will now be tenths or hundredths of a percentage off from the original point size.  This only happens when the live type is in a layer group folder AND if "Show Transform Controls" is NOT checked, and instead you enter into the tool manually. If "Show Transform Controls" is checked, then you can move the text around with the transform controls showing and click off and the live type does not change point size. I am working on an M1 Mac Mini with Mac OS Monterey 12.0.1 with the latest 2022 Photoshop update.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the report, we are looking into the issue.

In general I would advise to not use transform on type layers, if the Font size it critical to the workflow. Touching handles, even accidentally, may alter the glyphs size. It often unnoticeable if you are not looking at the size of the font.

Centering text can be done without using transform tool... I am curious what the workflow here is and invite you to share a video to better understand what might be happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines