• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type tool and Move tool bug and error while changing specific font.

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I was being refer here from the support to report two bugs.

Firstly, the type tool is glitching and is not working properly in version of 23.x.x on Photoshop. When I'm trying to change the tool with the shortcuts from the type tool to a different tool (e.g. move tool) it just glitch and doesn't change and I have to repeat the shortcut a few times to a lot of times until it swap. Have in mind that when I click the type tool it change without any problem; it's specificly for the shortcuts.

Secondly, when I'm trying to use a specific font on PS it gives me an error that says "Could not complete your request because of a program error".I tried to reslove this with downgrade to an oldest version of 23.x.x but nothing happen.

In short all the agents tried to reset my preferences on Photoshop and run the program as admin. Also, they reinstalled my drivers.But nothing changed it either fixed one of the problems or non.

My specs for me desktop are:

CPU: AMD 7xxxx
GPU: Nvidia 1600

In conclusion, numerous attempts have been made in the last four hours from four different agents and the problems weren't resolved. The only solution that the last agent gave me was to downgrade back to a 22.5.9 version so I can use Photoshop properly and without any bugs.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long are you holding down the t key. If you press too long it will act as a "Spring-loaded" keyboard shortcut and spring back to the prior tool after a long press.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Bagan5EC3, it's hard to tell, but what font are you trying to use? It looks like “CC blah blah blah” but I'm just guessing. A licensed or usable font needs to be installed on your local Windows computer. Otherwise, use a font with your Creative Cloud subscription and make sure it is activated at https://fonts.adobe.com. If it is an Adobe font, and you still have an error, trying closing Photoshop, log into Adobe fonts, and deactivate and reactive the font. Launch Photoshop to check if the font is now working. Also note that PostScript Type 1 fonts will no longer be supported by January 2023. Hope that's helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Less then 0.1 second. I don't hold down the T key at all. The bug stays the same in all the newer version of PS. If I don't get one of the two bugs I will get the other. Holding the T key down will just enable a different shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, unfortunately that wont work. I have tried to install and uninstall the font and even place it into the font folder of Adobe, but nothing worked. The font with the problem is CC Dave Gibbons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, it looks as though there might be some free online versions of the Blah Blah Blah font family, so maybe try another version if they are similar enough? Is that the only font that you are getting the error with so far?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CC Blah Blah Blah and it doesn't happen. I'm not looking to change the font. If I could change it I would've used something different. It's just happen specificly for CC Dave Gibbons and I haven't come across another font that this error happened. Finding something similar isn't hard, most fonts in the CC family are similar to someothing else. I just don't want to get any error when I'm trying to work. If everytime an error accur I should've only left with two fonts to use and never use the shortcut for the type tool again. Unfortunately I can't do that because it's for my work. The thing is that this two bugs (as of right now at least) only happen with the newest version of PS and not older. So I think the problem is the Adobe and needs to patch the two bugs and my try to find another font to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, I understand. Maybe the Dave Gibbons version has some conflict for some unknown reason. I know these can be frustrating situations, so I hope you will be able to get back to full speed again soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure on that one as I use the same version of Dave Gibbons in my other computer as well and never had this problem that use PS 2019. I can only assume that it has something to do with the latest PS version. At least this two bugs that I came across. It's okay I can at least use PS 2021 without any problem so I guess that's something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines