• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uncompressed 16Bit PSD\PSB file size is almost 100% bigger in Photoshop v23.5 compared to v23.4.2

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing Adobe Photoshop version 23.5, I noticed the size of my uncompressed 16bit PSB\PSD files were almost 100% bigger than version 23.4.2. 

Adobe Support, can you please review the steps to recreate this issue below and fix.

Preferences > Files Handling,  Disable Compression of PSD and PSB files is flagged (active)

Version of the App – Adobe Photoshop 23.5

Platform and OS version – Windows 11 64bit Pro 22000.856 \ CPU - i9-12900K\ 64GB Memory

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

STEPS TO RECREATE ISSUE

Create uncompressed 16bit PSD\PSB file using Adobe version 23.5

1. Open Adobe Photoshop 23.5
  2. Make sure that under Preferences > Files Handling,  Disable Compression of PSD and PSB files is flagged (active). If not active, make it active and restart Photoshop and then resume at step 3 below.
  3. Create a 16bit PSB or PSD file in Photoshop 23.5. Randomly paint 1st layer, copy this layer 2 times.
  4. Save file and check file size.
  5. Make a copy of the file.

6. Open Adobe Photoshop 23.4.2

7. Make sure that under Preferences > Files Handling,  Disable Compression of PSD and PSB files is flagged (active). If not active, make it active and restart Photoshop and then resume at step 8 below.

8. Take a copy of the file created in Adobe Photoshop 23.5 above and just save it in version 23.4.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines