Exit

🗞️ Photoshop Newsletter - March 2022

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2NEWSLETTER format header.jpg

Photoshop March 2022 update

I started these newsletters one year ago in March 2021. I hope you have found them to be a useful one-stop resource each month with the new features, tutorials, blog posts, tips, news, featured Adobe Community Professionals, and other related Photoshop information. This month, in the desktop version 23.2.2, we released several fixes for customer reported issues. In the iPad version, 3.4, we added several features as well as fixes for customer reported issues. Check out the details below.  If you missed any of our previous newsletters, you can find links to all of them together in one place: Photoshop Newsletter home page.

What's New?

Photoshop on Desktop

To see the fixes to customer-reported issues and performance enhancements in version 23.2.2, see Fixed issues. For an updated list of supported cameras and lenses, see Supported camera models and Supported lenses.

Photoshop on iPad

Add Fonts (Custom and Adobe)

You can now browse, select, and import Adobe Fonts as well as custom fonts. For details, see Work with Type layers.    

Rename and sync files

To learn how to rename a Photoshop document from the edit workspace, visit Create, open, and export cloud documents

Select Subject for portraits

The enhanced Select subject action now creates precise portraits selections. To learn more about making selections with Photoshop on the iPad, see Make selections and add masks.

Fixed Issues

For details about fixes to customer reported issues, see Fixed issues in Photoshop.

Quick Tips

SQUARE STROKED.jpg
Quick Tips: How to Resize Images in Photoshop

Learn how to change the size or resolution of your image.

SQUARE STROKE YT  fix black home screen.jpg

Quick Tips: How to Fix Black Home Screen

If you experience a black Home screen or blank new document window in Photoshop, try these steps.

SQUARE STROKED.jpg

Check out other Photoshop Quick Tips

Visit the Photoshop Quick Tips home page for links to previous Quick Tips topics.

Meet our Adobe Community Professionals

pierre.jpg

Hi, I'm Pierre-Etienne Courtejoie, also known as PECourtejoie, or even sPECtre online. One can describe me as a Photoshopaholic unanimous from Belgium! Since I grew up in the 80's, personal computing was difficult to avoid, I played video games at my great father shop, but I had an Amiga at home; it led me to learn English by myself in order to understand the Amiga magazines from England. I joined a Fine Arts school, where Amiga and Deluxe Paint IV were used, but in a corner of one of the classrooms, I saw a Mac, with Photoshop 2.5 installed... Unfortunately just for teachers to dabble with! Through friends, I discovered a school that used Ps 3.0 (with LAYERS!), taught silkscreen printing, basic 3D, drawing, photography, and desktop publishing… So, during the summer, I worked many, many hours at a student job to save and custom build a PC on which I could install Photoshop! After completing school late '99, I upgraded my Pc (64 Mb RAM, incredible!), got my own internet, and searched for tutorials about filters to create all kinds of textures and effects. Most of the sites had forums, which I immediately joined, but also the Adobe Forums, where some Ps Engineers hung around! I read everything I could, asked questions, read answers, and quickly started answering them, thanks to what I had read elsewhere. I noticed that one learned faster by answering, seeing solutions with different point of views or technological backgrounds, and daydreaming about others' problems that might not be in our field of expertise, pushing us to explore them. I was then invited to moderate several forums. Thanks to that, I made real friendships with people I had never met in real life! On the Adobe User forums, I compiled the first Camera Raw FAQ, which led me to moderation rights there as well, and opened the door to prerelease programs. I was also prolific on Community Help, where we would correct, add, and supplement content. That's how I was invited to become an Adobe Community Professional. When our kids were born, I had to redistribute my time between all my loves... Nowadays, one of my growing interests is type design, and there are even Photoshop and Illustrator plug-ins dedicated to it! Also, the versatility of After Effects' filters, or the Substance procedural textures creation tool seem like what we hoped to get years ago... Mmh, do we really need that many hours of sleep? A very long tirade, I hope some souvenirs will resonate for the, ahem, veteran users out there; but especially that it might spark an interest for others to pay it forward, join the forums, help others, and discover that it does also make you grow along the way! Happy pixel pushing!

Learn Something New

News

Blog Posts

Putting principles into practice: Adobe's approach to AI Ethics

How to optimize images for your website

Photoshop Feature Camp

If you would like to be selected to participate in an upcoming Photoshop Feature Camp to provide feedback on new features the Photoshop team is working on, please fill out this survey.

Other Adobe App Newsletters

Are you curious what's going on with our other apps? Check out their Newsletters, too: 

Photoshop |  Lightroom | Lightroom Classic | Illustrator | InDesign | After Effects

Troubleshooting

Known issues in Photoshop

Basic Photoshop troubleshooting steps

Troubleshoot Scratch disks are full error 

Why am I getting a request to allow Photoshop to record my screen?

PS User Guide | What's new | Feature Summary | Fixed issues | Tutorials

Download Adobe Photoshop 

TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Pattie-F  for publishing this blog.
Just one correction - the title say Photoshop Newsletter 2021.
Same comes in the email notification - 

Screenshot 2022-04-11 at 4.24.36 PM.png

Thanks again for your help !! 

Sandeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reporting the typo! It is certainly 2022 info. I'll fix it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines