• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

1.6 Gigabyte temp file that cannot be deleted

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the common error of 'Scratch Disks Full', so I have looked in the temp folder and there is a Photoshop Temp file that is worth 1.6 Gigabytes. I have tried to delete it and am being told that I cannot delete the file because photoshop is open. Whenever I close photoshop, the file dissapears, and then appears again when I open photoshop.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you are asking. This is just how it works and if you are struggling with a 1.6 GB file, which really is pretty much the minimum PS will always use, then you seriously need a bigger disk. Other than that you may want to check your scratch disk configuration in the preferences. If you provide some better info about your system and the aforementioned configuration I'm sure we can advise on how to configure it suitably.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop will always create a scratch file, and as Mylenium says, 1.6 GB is the minimum. That's the starter size, growing from there. It may grow to several hundred GB in one session if you work on reasonably sized files.

Raster image editing moves large amounts of data around, much more than any RAM you may have installed. All that data has to go somewhere. That's the scratch disk.

In other words, your system drive ireally is full, and you need to do something ASAP. Pretty soon you will have much bigger problems than Photoshop. Your whole machine can freeze up at any moment. 1.6 GB is nothing, I have single files bigger than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines