• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

1 second delay with the zoom tool, then it works smoothly

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I zoom in or out with my stylus or mouse using the zoom tool, there's a 1 second delay before it starts working, then it works smoothly. Trying to get it to function smoothly.

I've tried changing a lot of options in preferences. Searched the forums and google quite a bit. Seems like such a small issue but it's jarring and zooming in and out is a pretty constant thing for digital painting so it gets a bit annoying.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Operating system and version and which Photoshop version?  I would think a Painter would use a Brush tool and the Hand toggle H press and hold...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 and version 21.1.3

I've using an older version of photoshop because the latest version won't recognize my GPU. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 10 now and 21.2 no problem there.  I would think the H press and hold would bet better for painters then switching to the zoom tool.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't know about this. It's definitely a cool feature, but I still need to zoom to fixed locations and do so often. H press and hold is a quick way to get a view of the whole image and quickly return to where you were. Using this would definitely reduce how much I have to deal with the zoom delay, but it can't replace it entirely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hard pass but thanks for not coming even remotely close to helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What an absolutely abhorrent response to this question, you should truly be ashamed of yourself. People are actively trying to find a solution to these copious niche issues that make this god-awful program near impossible to use and you have the audacity to post this incoherent babble. Please stop spamming every single forum post if you so obviously have nothing constructive to add. 

If anyone has found a solution to this, I am still having this issue in 2021 using the latest version so please offer any advice you have. I've tried literally everything under the sun to fix this issue and nothing has worked so far. It seems like PS reverts some settings or bugs out sometimes and starts to do this, then makes it impossible to fix afterwards. It also is usually accompanied (in my experience) by a weird brush stroke lag that causes the beginning of a curved stroke to come out straight. On top of this, PS2020 and beyond have a bug where the canvas will just freeze, but the rest of the program retains functionality. If anyone knows a way to restore PS2019 that would also be an amazing help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Directed to JJMack, of course, not Hoglust. Thanks for making it look like I'm replying to the person I didn't click reply to, Adobe - truly ingenious. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here but it only happens sometimes and might have to do with loading alot of giant documents for me (15x4GB docs at the same time etc). restarting whole photoshop then fixes it (but opening my docs takes like 10minutes so cant really pinpoint the problem as its also random and usually doesnt happen on the next try or even for several more days)

so it might have to do with having giant files open or with alot of scratch space being used, (lot of free gpu mem at that point still tho)  but its not a way to reproduce the problem, its completely random.

tried lot of stuff when it happens, like turning tablet off, restarting wacom driver, restarting gpu driver, sleep/wakeup pc, restart mouse driver, its not caused by thirdparty apps, tried closing all unrelated apps and processes, no autohotkey, no lazynezumi or ps plugins,  the 0.3-1second lag before the scrubzoom happens with both wacom pen and mouse. the lag only happens with zoom tool, everything else works fine, pan, brushes, selections, moving, rotation.  the delay it happens with z+shift+lbutton drag (the jaggy scrub zoom) too.  i guess it has to do with photoshops gpu caching the scrubzoom action, i just cant really reproduce it as its random and also only happens if i open many giant docs which takes several minutes

PS 21.2.3 (it used to happen with previous versions too),  win10 64
Asus P9X79, i7-3930K, 64ram, ati HD7950 Flex 3gb (11196-17-40G)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I had the same problem. I do reset preferences and the problem disappeared. Hope this helps you too.Screenshot_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines