• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

13PX camera enough for photoshop editable picture?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to do product photography. I want to capture some products high resolution image and want to edit images on photoshop. After editing i want to upload those on my website's service page. But the problem is, I do not have a DSLR camera. I have my mobile phone which has 13 px camera. Now my question, will this be enough to capture images for my work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not easy to get a good grip on the elusive digital pixel.

A digital image's details are stored in Pixels.  So a Pixel is information about an image.  How good is that information.   There is the rub. How good is that information depends on many things. All pixels do not have the same quality of information. Pixels quality from the same camera vary from image to image.  There are so many factors involved.  Sensor pixels size is a factor the smaller the pixels size is the harder it is to manufacture pixel sensors that the capture the same quality of light information,  There is also the optics involved in the size of actual image captured small sensors use small lenses and the small image captures depth a field is grater them  images capture with larger sensors and larger lens.   Lens Focal length also play a part in the depth of field thing.  That is why iPhones not have dual cameras not one these days.  Light, shake, focus etc all play a role.  On the optic topic the human eye is also an optical device lighting and optics quality play a big role especially  up close and personal where the human eye can resolve down to around 1/300" x 1/300". Young eyes work better than my eyes.   So for the human you can have more information then the human eye can handle  without some external aid. To scale what  you can see.    You can get a good  Idea about Pixel detail and scaling at this site by  zooming in and out of their 26Giga Pixel image of Paris.  You may need to use Internet explorer it getting harder and harder to use browsers on sites the require flash players. Paris 26 Gigapixels - Interactive virtual tour of the most beautiful monuments of Paris

If you look a camera and the number of pixels the capture you could come with  a human eyed native picture size these cameras capture. It may look like this.  My Cameras  are  in bold I user Canon lens. I can not afford the Cannon top of the line bodies though. If you need larger prints you can stitch images to get the high quality Pixels required.  But you view large printed images at a distance you do need 300dpi resolution the eye can only do 300dpi close up.

2001   1D                 4MP     2464 x 1648       8.2" x  5.5"

2002   1Ds              11MP     4064 x 2704     13.5" x  9.0"

2004   1D   Mk II      8MP     3504 x 2336     11.7" x  7.8"

2004   1Ds  Mk II    17MP     4992 x 3328     16.6" x 11.0"

2007   1D   MK III   10MP     3888 x 2592     13.0" x  8.6"

2007   1Ds  Mk III   21MP     5616 x 3744     18.7" x 12.5"

2009   1D   Mk IV   16MP     4896 x 3264     16.3" x 10.9"

2011   1D X            18MP      5184 x 3456    17.3" x 11.5"

2011   1D C            18MP      5184 x 3456    17.3" x 11.5"

2016   1D X MkII    20MP      5472 x 3648    18.2" x 12.2"

Web images do not require many MP a 4K display is 8MP web page images are not full display size.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crop frame is often better for small products because of better depth of field. You can shoot at base ISO from a tripod or camera stand and use whatever lighting is needed.

Money shouldn't be an issue, even an old camera will work ok.

High end studios use medium or large format gear but that's $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.keh.com/shop/canon-eos-rebel-xsi-12-2-megapixel-digital-slr-camera-body-only-black.html?...

https://www.keh.com/shop/lenses/slr/canon-ef--canon-ef-s.html?dir=asc&multi=true&order=price

US$125 plus a cheap lens and some photo CFL lights, it will support tethering to a computer with the free Canon Utility and will be plenty for web product photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines