• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

19.1.1 Camera Raw incompatible

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So updated from 18 back to 19.1.1 after hearing the pen tool crash was fixed.  Now the camera raw filter doesn't work.  Says incompatible with this version of Photoshop?  Is an update for that pending or have I missed something?

Seriously fed up of switching versions right now, one thing fixed, another problem introduced.  CC is turning into a disaster right now

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Adobe just released a 10.2.1 camera raw for windows to fix this bug.

You can get the 10.2.1 camera raw installer from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-not-compatible-this-version-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 146 Replies 146
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if you enable this option does the error still occur

By selecting that option EVERY jpeg opens in RAW by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that, I was just curious the see if the error still occurred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I get an error when trying to open the RAW preferences box, then yes, the error still occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No error. But of course, at the same time, Camera Raw opens and adds sidecar settings to the JPEG.

Adam, I'm curious of the best way one would touch Camera Raw preferences with an Action. Interesting idea, indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benjamin,

Download the attached action, unzip, then load. You can also create your own using the 'Insert Menu Item...' command from the Actions Panel flyout menu. I can add better instruction later today if needed.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just used the action and was able to load the CRF. So at this point are Windows OS useres waiting on a Windows update or Adobe fix?

Thanks

Geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seem to be in Phoroshop:

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Benjamin's workaround is good as well: invoke the ACR preferences first, then the filter will work for that session (until you quit and restart PS). You could actually create an action that touches the ACR prefs and assign it a function key to simplify the keyboard commands.

We should have another (better) workaround posted shortly.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried with and without the GPU here (which was the difference between our preference settings) and still could not get the issue to occur. So I agree we can rule out that preference.

I also have only the 64 bit version installed (so no difference there) . I do have Bridge CS6 and CC2018 installed but have not used or changed those today.

Given that Benjamin has raised the issue on the feedback forum and Eric, from the Adobe ACR team,  is now involved I would suggest adding your details to Benjamin's report and we can wait for any request from Eric for further comparative info.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam posted whilst I was typing - agree we should wait for further info from Adobe. I'd be very interested to understand why some are seeing the issue and others not - on what look like similar set ups.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Apologies - I missed your system details in the last thread.

I have no doubt the issue is real but until we narrow it down we cannot assume where the cause of the  problem lies.

Dave

Dave if you are Opening a RAW file first then saving as TIFF, PSD or JPG then calling up the ACR Filter no error comes up.

The Reason is if ACR is started "Before" you call up the filter in PS everything works.

If you open PS and go to Edit > Preferences > Camera RAW what you are doing is Starting ACR to get to the ACR preference. Then the Filter works.

The problem is opening PS, Calling up an image file, TIFF, PSD or JPG (NOT a RAW file) then go to Filter > Camera RAW Filter. You get the errors that screen shots have been posted of.

The filter works fine if you have started any part of Camera RAW, IE Used it in Bridge, Open In Camera RAW or Open (double clicked) on a RAW file, or called up the Camera RAW preferences in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi https://forums.adobe.com/people/Just%20Shoot%20Me

The reason I wasn't seeing the issue was later confirmed by Adam from Adobe. The issue  only affects displays with a vertical height of >1080px.  My displays are all 1920x1080 so no matter how I tried I couldn't replicate the issue.

One to watch out for in the future

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave. So that is why I am seeing it on my 1920 x 1200 display running Win 7.

Although this may be true I can't grasp the idea that a displays height, in pixels, can be the only cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a new one on me but back in post 95 on this thread - Adam confirmed that was one of the requirements to trigger the issue

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave I do not see the problem on my 4K display SG wrote the problem seems to be in Adobe's Plug-in loading.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think his point was that you will not see it on a 1080 height screen , not that you are guaranteed to see it on a higher vertical pixel height.
Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one seems to know all the triggers. Some write this other that. SG wrote The trigger has to do with plug-in loading and when that happens in Ps. Thers is a problem somewhere but where?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

auf Deutsch bitte, für die die kein Englisch können.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alexk44288825  schrieb

auf Deutsch bitte, für die die kein Englisch können.

and swedish, and french and spanish and in italian....

use your brain luke....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop RAW filter was working perfectly well earlier today BEFORE updating to 19.1.1
Now it is not.

Win7 64 32GB

PS 19.1.1
RAW 10.2.0.894

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I've just updated my Laptop and don't have the issue on that either, so both my PC and Laptop are working fine with ACR

As I said I would be incline to think is to do with the Operating System

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said I would be incline to think is to do with the Operating System

i have the same windows version as you (down to the build number).

it worked prior to the adobe update.. so i don´t see anything that points to an OS issue.

also it works if you do some nonsensical steps before using the CAMERA RAW filter (like opening the CAMERA RAW PREFERENCE dialog first).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been reported here

Camera Raw 10.2: (Filter) Incompatible With PS CC2018 19.1.1 | Photoshop Family Customer Community

So might be worth keeping an eye on that thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you include your GPU details so we can see if there is a pattern

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks, if you're having trouble running ACR Filter on Windows, can you please try the following:

1.  Make sure Ps is not running.

2.  Launch Ps.

3.  Go to the Edit menu -> Preferences sub-menu -> Camera Raw... (at the very bottom).

4.  Close the ACR Preferences dialog.

5.  Open/create any document in Ps (such as a JPEG).

6.  Try to run Camera Raw Filter.

Does the ACR Filter work now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines