Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

22.4.2 save as issue feedback.

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe, 

Please stop changing features such as "Save as" to "save as Copy", just becasue MAC users had issues with them. I am a windows user. I purchased a license to your software with confidence that all the tools are there. Making these unecessary changes just for MAC users, ( known to be commercial sheeple ) is unnacceptable. 

Luckily i found a community reply that said that save as can be changed back to legacy save as file in File handling. I strongly disagree with the save as change. I dont want to make 1000 copies of the same image, i want to have layers saved in photoshop, and with every new layer i'd have to save as copy. Its counterinuitive. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

You are way late to the pity party and the train left without you. Better luck next time with your rant.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

"Dear Adobe........"

This forum is answered by volunteer Photoshop users. We do not work for Adobe.

As for your comments, you say you want to Save your document with layers. The changes that were made in 22.4 still allowed that under Save As. In fact only file formats that supported your document content (so that included layers ) are presented under Save As. Save a Copy presents those formats that do not preserve the content of your document.

If you just wanted to save the same file, same n

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are way late to the pity party and the train left without you. Better luck next time with your rant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Dear Adobe........"

This forum is answered by volunteer Photoshop users. We do not work for Adobe.

As for your comments, you say you want to Save your document with layers. The changes that were made in 22.4 still allowed that under Save As. In fact only file formats that supported your document content (so that included layers ) are presented under Save As. Save a Copy presents those formats that do not preserve the content of your document.

If you just wanted to save the same file, same name with the additional content then just Save.

Adobe developers have already responded to feedback and given you the opportunity to switch back.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@JOSEF5C9A wrote:

Dear Adobe, 

You got off to the incorrect track from the first 'sentence'. 

Adobe isn't here. This is a user to user support forum. To provide feedback and suggestions about what you desire from Adobe, you should go to this URL and comment after selecting the appropriate product line:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/categories/products/5f5f2090785c1f1e6cc40864

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines