Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

23.5.1 on M1 Macbook has slowed to a crawl

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the latest update 23.5.1 to my macbook pro m1 macOS Monterey 12.5.1 

The previous version worked fine except the select & mask wasn't as fabulous as people make it out to be.

But now everything is a slow crawl.  Spot healing brush leaves black where painted for a long while before catching up and actually healing.  As I am healing or using the brush to dodge & burn the spinning wheel pops up for a few seconds which never happened before.  I quit and restarted but it seems to have gotten worse.  I unchecked use graphic processor as that was something suggested when the M1 first came out but that has not helped.  

Anyone else having the same issue?  Any suggestions - I would like to get thru this portrait edit in a timely matter.

Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Windows. A quick fix until you get an answer is to roll back to a previous version which worked fine https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, you are well using Photoshop in native mode, and not in Rosetta?

Are many plugins or presets loaded? Lots of other programs running?

What is the size of the image? you might have create a 4k Inches image if you selected the wrong unit in new document.

Did you try to restore your preferences to the default using the manual method (you might need to scroll down):
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually it lets you keep a copy on the desktop that you can use to revert the process.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines