• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

23.5 Update

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating when I copy & paste a selection onto a blank canvas, I'm now getting this Layer 1 with a dropdown, even though I have quite a few actual layers underneath:

johnb999_0-1661855679551.png

and this layer 1 designation on the top left of my photo (again, I have quite a few layers going):

johnb999_1-1661855775984.png

I've unchecked and checked it back, clicked the dropdown w/ no results.. This has never happened before. Is this some type of automatic grouping feature, or a bug to be worked out? I was using the Move tool if that helps.  

Please help!  Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

The dropdown menu and the label indicate that the content is part of an artboard. Here's more information about artboards:

In 23.5, when I copy a selection or a layer that is not an artboard into a new document, it pastes as a regular layer and not an artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

You can use Layer > Ungroup Artboard, however, it would obviously be better to stop this from happening at the source.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dropdown menu and the label indicate that the content is part of an artboard. Here's more information about artboards:

In 23.5, when I copy a selection or a layer that is not an artboard into a new document, it pastes as a regular layer and not an artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. Thanks for your help and the info! Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Layer > Ungroup Artboard, however, it would obviously be better to stop this from happening at the source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot! That'll come in handy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines