• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

360 and Panorama editing being phased out - and I'll have to buy ANOTHER product to do it??

Contributor ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I opened up a 360 pano image the other day and a popup appeared on my screen advising that several - basically all - features of 360 and panoramic editing was going to be phased out of PhotoShop. I clicked through and it was something to do with the 360 engine no longer being supported or some thing. 

Well, for me, PhotoShop is actually doing realy fine with 360 and meets my needs perfectly. So imagine my disappointment when I go to my CC app to look into "Substance" and see the options of "Try me" and "Buy me". 

Why aren't these in my CC package already? I can't help but feel Adobe are forcing me to buy into a new software by deliberately deprecating a working feature in another of its flagship products.

I've been a loyal Adobe user for probably a decade plus by now and whilst I'm not going to quit Adobe for something else I still wanted to register my concern somewhere.

Anyone else feeling the same here?

#360 #panoramic #substance

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

First, I understand your pain. And thank you for speaking up and registering your concern.

Second, for now just make sure that you do NOT use the automatic update function when you move to a newer version of Photoshop. This will allow you to manually update, and click that little option under the Update that allows you to keep the version you have on your machine (while installing the new one) and extend the functionality a while longer until another solution can be found.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines