• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

360 spherical panorama, "edit the texture" after recent updates has gone?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I'm an illustrator and I draw Spherical Panorama Illustration.

I stuck with my current project and losing time and money and client.

Since I've recently updated Photoshop, I cannot find the feature "Edit texture" for 360 panoramas. I can see only "current camera" in the "3D" panel. Buttons "Show all scenes elements", "Show all materials" (which linked to editing panel) and others on the "3D" panel are disabled. I can just paint on the panorama with only 1 layer and export it to jpg. But it is not enough!

How can I work it out? Rollback to the previous version (but how)? Or Adobe just only hides these functions to the secret place?

Thank you.

Update: I've done install the previous version, 2017, and it works perfectly again, but it is not a good way to get out the necessary features in updates, how do you think?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Hi

In CC2018 you can double click on the texture in the layers panel as shown below in the layers panel which will open a psb where you can add layers as before

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In CC2018 you can double click on the texture in the layers panel as shown below in the layers panel which will open a psb where you can add layers as before

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, it really works! Thank you!

I've tried to do the same, but it seems I stopped at double-clicking on "Textures" which lead only to invisible of it. And I got a panic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. It is not obvious if you normally use the 3D properties panel to edit the texture

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is.

And more of them, Photoshop shows that 3D properties panel as before for old files, which I created before last updates. Triki!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm kind of baffled as to why this was changed - but at least it is workable

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to bother you, but maybe you also know, why the buttons to manipulate with a view in the spherical panorama are disabled?

phsh1.jpegphsh2.jpeg

And thank you for your previous help, I'm really appreciated it.

and this features does not work either...  123.jpeg

So, I cannot claim it is workable...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Only the orbit tool works. The camera is fixed at the centre of the sphere (which is correct for a panorama where moving the camera off the centre point makes no sense.). You can still change the camera FOV in the camera panel

Incidentally - If you want to work with the more traditional panels then you can produce the same effect by creating a 3D layer (any mesh preset) and deleting the preset. Then go to Environment - add your panorama as the background image and check the "Panorama" box.

That way you can combine your panorama with other 3D elements as required. It also lets you use the rotate tool on the camera but again your camera will still stay at the centre point.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Dave, so much!

Will work it out again and get new habits in work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved me too! Thanks Dave for the answer and thanks Maria for making the perfect question!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for this anwer, I litterlly spent all day figuring where I can access it! Thank yoou!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines