• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Extrusion problem with some weird shadowy object over my 3D object

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm trying to make a 3D object from a normal raster layer in the 3D Extrusion panel and I can't find this specific fix.. Everytime I try to render it, it creates this double shadowy object over my 3D object that I want to create. I turned off all of those shadow, even in the enviroment light.

It's driving me crazy, please help!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like either a "hole" (undefined/ open area) in your reflection map or some refraction from somewhere. In the first case you need to eitehr fix the map or switch from cubic/ cylindrical to spehrical projection, in the other case you would tweak the properties of the transparent material.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version are you using?

3D is broken in the current version and will not be fixed. It is deprecated and due to be removed.

If you need 3D, use v 22.2 or earlier. If you are using that older version try clicking Generate UVs in the 3D menu

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe PS 22.0.1, tried Generate UVs but then my 3D object is much much darker, but normally the shadowy problem occurs when I'm trying to make the 3D object brighter with the ''Infinite Light''  as shown on the picture. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would try to use a spot light. Never did much 3D in PS, but I seem to remeber that directional lights always produced this shading artifact on the sides facing away from the light. Something with limitations in the renderer itself and how it uses GPU functions to display stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines