• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4k video

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

question..... I made a video of my child school theater presentation....(2 hours LONG). I did it in 4k..  I uploaded  YouTube in HD and sent them a link.   I would like to supply them with a true 4k video.... is it possible if so how.. and in what format so most anyone can view it? Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing specific required to upload 4k video to YT. It will just take longer to process on their servers before being available. the rest is irrelevant. Unless you configure the backend to enforce 4k and turn off all other versions, your users will see whatever is most appropriate for their computer or device. In fact I'm pretty sure many of them don't even view it in full HD on their mobile device due to data restrictions or the screen being too small. Unless you have a paid-for creator account on YT, many of these options eleude you, anyway, so simply give it soem time. Your 4k version will appear eventually.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why you posted this in the Photoshop forum...

If you mean "Supply them with a true 4k video" that you want to share with them the original file, use the Adobe Media Encoder to translate to mp4.

As for sharing your file - you could upload it to your Creative Cloud storage (or another service like Dropbox) and share a link. Be aware a 4K 2hour video file saved as an mp4 format will still be a very large file and will take time to process, upload and download.

If your question meant that you want to supply them with a true 4k video in YouTube, then I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used photoshop to edit the video 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oof. Hats off to you for that. I would have switched to Premiere - easier for something this large.

What abou the other questions? Are you referring to YouTube or sharing the original file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. I did it in 4k..  I uploaded  YouTube in HD and sent them a link.   I would like to supply them with a true 4k video.... is it possible if so how..

By @david27572618n009

The way it works is:

If you upload a 4K video to YouTube, YouTube will re-encode it at 4K and some copies at lower resolutions. So YouTube is storing it at 4K, and anyone you send the link to can view it in 4K…if they have an Internet connection, device, operating system, and web browser or YouTube app that all support 4K playback from the Internet. For anyone in your audience that meets those technical requirements, they can already watch it in 4K straight from YouTube.

If what you mean is that you want people to be able to download their own copy so that they can watch it without being connected to the Internet, then you don’t want YouTube, you want to do what Kevin said and upload it to a file sharing service such as Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Creative Cloud Files (not Libraries or Cloud Documents), Dropbox, etc. and then have the service generate a download web link for that. But the recipient still needs to have a device, OS, and web browser or YouTube app that is capable of playing back 4K video without stuttering. Fortunately most newer phones and computers can do it no problem; older devices may have trouble.

The advantage of using YouTube is that if someone gets your link but their device can’t play 4K video smoothly, YouTube will detect that and automatically send them a lower resolution version that their device can play smoothly. If they instead download the original full resolution 4K file that you uploaded to a file sharing service, it won’t play smoothly on their old device.

@david27572618n009 wrote:

.. and in what format so most anyone can view it?

H.264 (MP4) is the mostl widely playable format that you can choose when rendering the video from Photoshop. It can be played directly by many phones, tablets, and computers (though again, smooth 4K playback requires more recent hardware). H.264 is also the most common format used for uploading to YouTube (check their guidelines).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you so much for the information.  I'm going to try today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines