Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

8 Second lag - HELP!

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just bought a brand new very high end computer - Alienware, Intel i9, GTX 3080 card, 4k screen, etc.

I installed Photoshop on the system and when I go to do anything for the first time it lags for at least 8 seconds which is ridiculous.  As an example, I open a .jpg and click on Image --> Image Size and I can see the window trying to pop up (it appears, but is just grey and I can't click or do anything) for 8 seconds before it finally comes up and allows me to make the changes.

Once the change is finally able to be made, it takes about 1-3 seconds longer than on any other computer I have used Photoshop CC on (I have 3 licenses, and have it on 3 computers, so I know the normal amount of time it takes).  The changes apply like normal, but to get the window to pop up so I can make the changes takes forever and they take longer than they should.

I uninstalled the latest version of PS and went back to 2021.  No change in lag.  I have made sure I have everything updated (all drivers, etc) and nothing fixed the lag.  I have tried all the "lag" troubleshooting that I could find online about Photoshop.  Nothing has worked.

I don't know what to do.  The system is a fresh install of windows 10, and the only things on it other than Photoshop CC are the default windows programs, plus Google Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Office.  Nothing else has been changed, modified, installed, or anything.

Please help - this is preventing me from being able to use Photoshop due to the lag, and it shouldn't be happening.

Thanks,

David

Note: See screenshot for what I see while waiting for the 8 seconds for the window to pop up.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @David23641996tzs1 curious if you have G-Sync enabled? If so, try turning it off and see if things improve.  Here is a similar thread that might also help:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-cursor-stuttering-amp-screen-flickering-in...

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines