• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A bug regarding artboard margins, tabbing, and Match Location/All positioning

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last couple of years, the way Window > Arrange > Match All has worked has changed from past behavior. One primary thing I use Photoshop for is tabbing between open frames of animation, and drawing while zoomed in and using Window > Arrange > Match All to compare open images has long been part of my workflow. A couple of years ago, either this command stopped considering the artboard when enacting the Match Location, or moving between open tabs (either by clicking or with Ctrl+Tab) started resetting their Location position to remove the artboard margins (it's impossible to tell, as you have to change tabs to see if it worked). The tabs all now reset the Location, putting the image in the closest corner until the margins aren't shown, when you change between tabs.

I suspect this behavior is unintended, as simply clicking on the small zoom level % in the lower left corner (left of the Doc: file size display) one time, per open tab, makes the tab Location start to function properly again (though you have to repeat this approach to use the command again). At least with a large volume of frames, that's an incredibly inefficient as a workaround, so I figured it was time I finally wrote. I can appreciate that this is a fairly niche problem, but it's made my specific workflow almost non-functional, so it'd be really great if someone could have a look at this oddity. Thanks!

I'm on 23.2.2 (though this has been happening for a couple of years) and Windows 11

To reproduce the issue:
1 - Open multiple files of the same dimensions

2- Go to one of those and zoom in a few times, then pan the image until the corner of the image is in the middle of the screen, with the artboard margins visible on the two outer sides.

3 - Select Window > Arrange > Match All

4 - Switch to another image opened in another tab, note it is in the incorrect Location, then switch back to the first, and now it's in the incorrect Location, too.

5 - Both image locations have been reset so that the artboard margins are offscreen, not to the screen Location that the original image was at when the command was used (as was the prior behavior of this command).

If you click on the small zoom % display in the lower left corner of the UI once on each open tab, which appears to do nothing, the intended functionality of Window > Arrange > Match All returns for a single use of this command (if you want to use it again, you have to pan, then click the %, before using the command each time). 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, and I should clarify that I'm talking about the standard margins beyond the image, not anything pertaining to the artboard tools themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines