• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A white border added to my original image using contact sheet II

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I used `Contact Sheet II ` to splicing many pictures into a grid-shape picture,  I got the correct layout result, including the spacing distance between 2 pictures, but a white border was added to my original image, just like this:

微信图片_20211020110154.png

The borders were added at bottom and right. If I copy and paste the original picture, no border was added!

Why I got a image like this? Is there due to wrong parameters? How could I slove this problem?Thanks a lot!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flatten the image first. You sometimes get that when resampling a floating layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but how to flatten image in Photoshop or is there any other tools I need to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open upper-right dropdown menu of Layers panel and click Flatten Image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My original image is a tiff, which just have one layer. I don't know how to flatten on that? I have tried to flatten the contact sheet image, but the border is still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to tile you  different Aspect ratio image without any white boards added you need to use a script that will resize your images to a common tile size that will  be virtually cropped foe the tile aspect ratio,  a Script like my PasteImageRoll

right click this link and use Save Link As PasteImageRoll.jsx

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but my images is the same size. The white border appeared on my original image, instead of the gap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are boarders on you original image because they are fitted to a rectangle area the has a different aspect ratio than your images therefor  there will be boarders on two side of your fitted images. Images that have the same aspect ratio of the rectangle are will fill the area.   The ContactSheet II script  does not  rescale distort crop you images. Portrait, Panorama, landscape, Croped images  all retain their aspect ratio  when ContactSheets II fits your images to its Picture grid.  Read about my script here http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/PasteImageRoll.html 

My Script does not create multiple documents like contact sheet II,  It create a single document with all images tiled and masked over the canvas. Images  have their original aspect ratio but are masked to the tile size, you can tweak the virtual crops by moving the masked layer image content. The masks are not linked to the image layers they mask.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent script, JJMack! I have tried your script, and the white border disappeared! But my aim is to contact my experiment images, rather than print on roll photo paper, so could I modify your script and only use to finsh our contact sheet? Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines