Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

About Render-Lighting Effects bug in Photoshop 22.4.1 on M1 mac mini

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to all,

I have last version of photoshop CC 21 (22.4.1) using on M1 mac mini 16gb and there is very strange bug with this effect Render-Lighting Effects. There is no curcle lines to control the effect like old versions of PS and when you zoom in/zoom out image, the effect crashing and you can't control with properties slides too. You can see my screenshots. 

Hope you can help me to fix this because I using often this effect.
Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop while trying to use the Lighting Effect on the M1 Mac mini. Would you mind telling us which macOS version are you working on?

You can try going to the Preferences of Photoshop, then Technology Previews & check (enable) the option to Deactivate Native Canvas. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if it helps.

PS deactivate native canvas.png

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for reply, I'm with MacOS Big Sur 11.3, when I checked this menu like you showing, the lighting effect is no longer available nevermind how much bit is the image file, tried with 8bit and 16bit too. So I'll looking for other solution.

Screenshot 2021-06-04 at 22.35.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange! You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

If the issue still persists, please try rolling back to the previous version of Photoshop as suggested by gener7. Please uninstall the latest version of Photoshop first & select the option to Keep Preferences prior to installing the previous version.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I using my new mac and the last version of PS from nearly few days, is there some logic to reset the preferences just after 4 days using? Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can suggest rolling back to Ps 2021/v22.3  Lighting Effects worked for me there.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem on Windows and actually it's not just the Light Effects, but also the blur gallery effects, they're all without the visual controllers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes pretty much the same also in windows, so it's not reason new m1 mac version of photoshop, maybe adobe need to return "beta" in the name I think..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem still there, can you explain me if I downgrade to PS 22.3 like "gener7" said, is it also optimise for m1 or just the final/last version is optimised for the new chip. Thank you in advance! 22.4.2 the problem still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Photoshop 22.3 does have native support for the M1 processors. You can roll back to the 22.3 version & check if you observe the same behavior or if it helps. Please uninstall the latest version of Photoshop first & select the option to Keep Preferences prior to installing the previous version. 

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already try every step in here and still not working in my M1 chip mac. Is anything else that I should try?

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same isue. Rolling back to 22.3.1 fixed everything for me. Make sure to uninstll first and KEEP the settings. Then install Other versions 22.3.1. Done:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that and worked. Hopefully Adobe will fix the issue in future versions. Thanks for your support 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand, you can run Photoshop's Intel binary under Rosetta2 in the M1 cpu.

First you must install Rosetta2 in order to have that option available if you don't see the Rosetta checkbox under Get Info in Big Sur using Cmd-i on Photoshop's app. Perhaps the function will return running in Intel mode.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your help. I open photoshop with rosetta2 and sill not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on my Mac, which is from late 2014, so no Apple chip. 

• No controls to change lighting spots
  • After abort, image is not shown correctly (background is light instead of black etc.), zooming in and out fixes that

This is an even later version of Photoshop, 22.4.3 – I wonder why the issue hasn’t been fixed, yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's now December. And I have the same issues as above. Driving me crazy!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines