• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Generative Fill Button greyed out (age)

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After selection is active, I cannot use the generative fill button. It's visible, but greyed out...

I already switched from german language to english without success.. Please advice. Thanks !

Patrick

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

This issue was fixed with the 24.6 release

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Current known fixes/workarounds for this are listed in this FAQ: 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Everyone, if you are having issues with Generative Fill, please download the latest beta: 

Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.6.0 20230603.m.2196 77b00e0 x64

and restart Ps beta and see if this solves this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 769 Replies 769
769 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give the suggestions  here a try and let us know if this takes care of your issue:

If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you and you're over the age of 18, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do either of the following:

-Sign out and sign back in to both the Creative Cloud Desktop app and the Photoshop (beta) app

-If you sign in using social sign-in (Apple, Google, and Facebook), ensure that your date of birth in that account is set to public instead of private.

Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to try the new generative fill feature, and was greeted with the warning (see attached) that I'm apparently too young. I'm flattered, dear Adobe, but how do I rectify this? I'm 50, and using PS (Beta) on Windows 11. 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This feature can only be used by those 18 an older at this time. Your account show that you are not 18." Is showing up when I hovering over the Generative Fill button. There are no instructions or explanations on how to change or verify my age as I am over 18.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ,
I just downloaded the new Photoshop beta .
If i want to use the new "generate fill" Photoshop says: This function is only available when i am 18 years old.. . I am over 18....   What can i do ? didn´t found any options to choose my Birthday etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!What happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating Photoshop to latest version now included the generative AI feature, my Photoshop blocks this features and a big orange text box pops up wrongly claiming I am not allowed to use this feature given I am underage as per my account settings.

Technical info:
Adobe Photoshop (Beta) v24.6
Windows 10

I tried for over one hour to desparately resolve this and it as hilarious as this is excessively frustrating.

- I was never asked ever since by time with Adobe whats by date of birth

- I have an account with this firm for pays and pay the subscription with credit card

- Most frustrating: There is not even anywhere an age setting or age verification problem at all in the account settings nor does the software give me any piece of advice at all how I can update my profile in this regard

@Adobe Team: If you read this please pass it on to your responsible software engineering team - this is really highly unprofessional and extremely poorly managed - having a software making wrong assessments on your status, blocking your features and leaving you alone with the problem without adressing any way at all how to solve is certainly not the way to keep customer satisfaction for what is supposed to be a premium product (and priced as such!).

Many thanks for everyone who can help - I tried to find a solution on Google, YouTube and ChatGPT and I am really running out of ideas what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came to say the same thing - this is beyond farce adobe. At minium there should be documentation - also you literally bill our accounts every month come on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Here 😢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the Generative Fill button greyed out if I'm over 18?

If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you and you're over the age of 18, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do either of the following:

• Sign out and sign back in to both the Creative Cloud Desktop app and the Photoshop (beta) app
  • If you sign in using social sign-in (Apple, Google, and Facebook), ensure that your date of birth in that account is set to public instead of private.

Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/generative-fill.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Florian P.30097842g762 

If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you and you're over the age of 18, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do either of the following:

• Sign out and sign back in to both the Creative Cloud Desktop app and the Photoshop (beta) app
  • If you sign in using social sign-in (Apple, Google, and Facebook), ensure that your date of birth in that account is set to public instead of private.

Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Key of D 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much, it helped me

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can i fix this ? i cant use the generatuve fill botton 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Work

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I would like to use generative fill, but photoshop tells me, I can´t cause the age - I should be not 18, but that´s not the truth. What to do, please? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and I've set my birth date as public on my google account (which I use to login) and also logged out and logged in to creative cloud but it's still not working. Extremely frustrating. Any ideas? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich kann die neue Funktion in der beta nicht benutzen, wenn ich ein rechteck um ein Objekt gezogen hab und in das ki feld klicke kommt die Meldung ich wäre laut meines bezahlkontos noch nicht 18 !?

hat dazu einer die Lösung?

danke

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing - many thanks for that! This solution worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks your answers worked very well. 

I also had to change my google date of birth to public not private

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Florian P.30097842g762 you're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
the beta version of photoshop gives me a message that my Adobe account says I'm not 18. How can I change this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rémy Poncelet I've merged your post with an existing thread in the Photoshop Beta forum which contains the answer to your question

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much @Ged_Traynor that's totally solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ! worked for me ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate