• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Account temporarily disabled for security reasons

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems I cannot activate or deactivate CS6 because I get an Adobe error message when trying to login to enter my Activation Key.

Message is:
"TRY AGAIN LATER, for security reasons your account was temporarily disabled - for more information contact Adobe support"

So after 4 sessions with support over 5 weeks I am no nearer.
Support said they increased the activation count and it is resolved.
I said it is not resolved so they said they do not support CS6.
My account shows no activated devices although I have had 2 devices activated for 7 years or more. My account shows CS6 registered for Win and Mac.

I do not know if there may be complications with me moving to France 5 years ago and also I set up a separate account for Adobe stock 1 year ago.

After 2 months I really do need this fixing.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Many thanks for your reply

I followed the articles and checked that I had the update for TLS 2 support. It was already done.
So I applied the easy fix for WIN 7 registry.

Then I went to Photoshop on Win7 and it allowed me to deactivate it.

Next I loaded Win10 and tried to activate Photoshop but it still says Security issue.

Win7 and Win10 are on the same machine (10 years old but still fast) on separate SSDs.

Win10 is on a new SSD

Win7 SSD has many bad sectors.

My Adobe account still shows no activated devices.

Could Win10 have TLS 2 issue on an older machine?

What do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peru Bob

Are you there?

I tried enabling 2 step verification as this is an Adobe security issue.

No change

Does CS6 work with 2 step verification? Adobe says that some older Apps do not.

I have no problem logging into my adobe accounts -

BUT Adobe does not let me sign in to activate my software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is not resolved. I cannot activate my software

I followed suggestions but I still get the message

"TRY AGAIN LATER, for security reasons your account was temporarily disabled - for more information contact Adobe support"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps try to contact Adobe Support again and see if a different agent will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Adobe have really screwed up my accounts' security.

I just signed into my Adobe stock account and Adobe sent me 2 emails with verification codes.

They were sent at the same time and had different codes.

The first one when entered said the code was WRONG

The second was OK.

What a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @martind34079532, I was having the same error after decativating an old CS6 installation on Win10 and reinstalling on Win11. I was able to make it work yesterday by following @Bryan5E57's advice in this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/cs6-and-bridge-and-application-manage...

These were my complete steps:

0. Uninstall CS6 completely, end all Adobe processes in Task Manager, delete folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe" and reboot for good measure.

1. Disconnect from internet

2. Install CS6 with your serial number and ignore the warnings about being offline

3. Run Acrofix.exe (search for file with digital signature dated ‎Tuesday, ‎20 ‎November ‎2012 3:46:23 PM)

4. Run AcrobatUpd10116.msp (search for file with digital signature dated ‎Friday, ‎25 ‎September ‎2015 5:45:34 AM)

3. Install Adobe Application Manager 6.2 (from Internet Archive)

4. Install relevant updates (from Internet Archive)

5. Reboot for good measure

6. Connect internet

7. Launch Adobe Application Manager and let it update itself multiple times until it becomes Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app and is stable (note that your CS6 apps will not appear in the Creative Cloud app but that's ok)

8. Launch PhotoShop and follow the steps to verify activation online. You'll know it's working when the "Deactivate..." option is enabled in the Help menu

Note: DO NOT open any CS6 apps (PhotoShop, Acrobat X, etc) UNTIL AFTER completing all of the above.

This worked for me and some of the steps may have been unnecessary, but everyone's system may differ slightly so try it and good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your reply, I will keep a copy of your comments for future use.

I will most likely upgrade from Win 10 Pro to Win 11 but need to know beforehand if the CS6 suite works OK in Win 11.

How have you found it is working? It would be good to get some confirmation.

As it happens, after 2 months of wasting time with  4 or 5 support techs I found a tech who was brilliant, very helpful and fixed it in 20 minutes.

It seems at Adobe the help can be there, but it is up to Adobe to connect the right Tech to the right customer and save sooo much time and frustration.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Martin, I can appreciate your trepidation since getting CS6 to activate properly is a nightmare these days.

>How have you found it is working? It would be good to get some confirmation.

The symptoms I had when it wasn't working were that (i) PhotoShop would pop up an activation dialog that would always produce the "Try Again Later / for security reasons your account was temporarily disabled" error message, and (ii) Acrobat X Pro would simply disappear about 30 seconds after opening. I don't use any of the other CS6 apps and can't comment on those, but after completing my steps above Acrobat X Pro and PhotoShop have both worked perfectly for hours. Under the Help menu in PhotoShop I also see that the "Deactivate..." option is enabled (i.e. Activated) and not greyed out as it is during a trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines