• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACR Image does not match Photoshop PSCS6, Bridge or Lightroom image

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reloaded my Photoshop CS6 onto my new computer (Windows 11, 64 bit)  When I upload a raw (DNG or NEF) image, I am finding that my image in ACR (Adobe Camera Raw) is noticeably flatter and less color saturated than the exact same image looks in Bridge, Photoshop or Lightroom. This computer also has a color calibration (Datacolor Spyder X Pro)

I believe that my Creative Color Suite Management (Bridge>edit>Creative Suite Color Settings) may help me, but when I try to go there, I get the message:  "Suite Color Management is not enabled.  Suite Color Management requires that a qualifying product has been launched at least once to enable this feature."

I did a clean install for the entire PSCS6 software and all of the features seem to work fine, except my ACR image does not match.  I have the license key and I entered my previous Photoshop key as required.  I have been using legal photoshop software since Photoshop 5.0.

Why is this happening and how do I fix it?   Please help me.

Thank you,

Monte

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

Thank you for your help.  I have tried steps 1 and 2 from your link and there is no change in my problem.  I am stuck on step 3.

3. Fix permissions on the Adobe color cache folder.

If steps 1 and 2 don't resolve the issue, ensure that you have full permissions on the Adobe color cache folder:

How (and where) do I ensure that I have full permission on the Adobe color cache folder?  I looked on my C drive and did a search for "adobe color cache folder" and I can't find it.

If/when I can find the color cache folder, what do I look for, as far as  "full permission"?

Sorry, but I don't grasp all of the computer tricks - I just get by with that part of using my computer.

Thank you,

Monte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per step 3 it should be located in C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Adobe\Color

Searching for "adobe color cache folder" wont work as it is not called that.

Follow the directions as listed and you should be able to open Properties to fix permissions on that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a duplicate thread, and further discussion should happen in the other thread which already has two replies:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/color-management-discussions/acr-image-does-not-match-image-in-bridge... 

This one should be locked. Monte, feel free to add further information in the other thread. If you think the discussion should be here in the Photoshop forum, rather than the Color Management forum, a moderator can move it for you.

It seems to me you're running parallel versions, and it's still very unclear which version exhibits which behavior. Important point: if you're trying to move a file between versions, they won't match, for the reasons I explained in the other thread (re-engineered camera profiles).

Screenshots (showing the whole application interface) would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@D Fosse I requested the posts be merged instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines