• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Action folder is empty when I go to 'Load ations' in my Photoshop 2022

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put in a new action, but the Action folder is empty when I go to 'Load ations' in my Photoshop 2022!
WHY?Skjermbilde 2021-11-02 kl. 09.26.26.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

@superkari 

You can put the .atn file anywhere on your hard drive, then choose Load from the Actions panel menu. Try putting it on your Desktop or Documents folder or anywhere. Tell us if that works for you.

Jane

On your mac, it is Applications/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Presets/Actions. 

By @PECourtejoie

That's close, but this is what I'm seeing:

janee_0-1636117433747.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "put in a new action".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded 'Cartoon.atn' and filed it here:

Skjermbilde 2021-11-02 kl. 09.53.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I file it somwhere else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you clicked on Load Actions within the Actions menu and pointed to the file you downloaded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THAT was my question! When I click Load Actions the folder is empty! See the first photo I enclosed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I have some kind of a respond on this, please? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, by default, it points to the user profile's action folder, not the photoshop one wich is made for the default ones.

On your mac, it is Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Presets/[feature name] 

(I originally pointed to Applications/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Presets/Actions. but it is relevant for the default ones (thank you @jane-e ))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@superkari 

You can put the .atn file anywhere on your hard drive, then choose Load from the Actions panel menu. Try putting it on your Desktop or Documents folder or anywhere. Tell us if that works for you.

Jane

On your mac, it is Applications/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Presets/Actions. 

By @PECourtejoie

That's close, but this is what I'm seeing:

janee_0-1636117433747.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hei Jane! ❤️ Thank you!!!
You understood what I had been doing wrong and thank you so much for explaining it to me in a language that I can understand!!! So instead of the mumbojumbo the other guys were telling me, the answer was just:
"You have put the .atn fil IN THE WRONG FOLDER - put it ANYWRERE else than in the Preset/Action folder!" Hahaha - thank you again, Jane!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, @superkari .

As I understand it, you purchased or were given the action set (.atn). Although you can use the Load Actions command regardless of where the file is located (and I'm glad that worked for you!), good file management as mentioned by @PECourtejoie is always a good idea. If your computer crashes, you reset Preferences, or you reset your actions, you will be left with the Default action set and will need to reload any other sets you have.

Wherever you put it, that where you have to look for it again. @PECourtejoie was telling you that you put the .atn file in one place and looked for it in a second place. 

An "Action Set" is a container for the actions and must be saved each time you make a change to one of the actions inside of it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/creating-actions.html

If this still doesn't make sense, please ask again! 😊

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it could have been on the presets folder, but I tried to tell you that you were looking at the wrong presets folder: there is one for the built-in presets, and another one for the user created.

If you want to migrate your presets easily, I would recommend to use those, otherwise, you might have to re-search every time you upgrade Photoshop.

Sorry for the mumbo-jumbo. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, I grabbed the wrong one from: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/preference-file-names-locations-photoshop.html#BackupPhotoshopp... (I'm not on my mac for the moment, I went too fast)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines