• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Action Manager Code starting point

Engaged ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've ben scripting Photoshop with Javacript for a bit now*, and maybe it's time to go to the deep end and tackle Action Manager code. Trouble is, it's not well documented or widely reported. And since it's not very human readable, which makes things more "interesting" for peiople like me.

Can anyone recommend any good starting points ? - and I'm not talking about the £150 course.

Cheers

* 10 years or more now...

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at the following topic with the post from jazz-y:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/action-manager-scripting/td-p/1116032...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most difficult thing in AM is the first steps, when you need to understand how the objects that store data are arranged. In the topic at the link, I revealed one of the approaches to working with documentation and showed how to search and get the necessary data. After you pay due attention to this issue, writing data and executing functions will be much easier, since you will already understand what exactly should be placed in a particular object (especially since you always have ScriptListener.8li at hand in where you can see examples). If you have questions about specific tasks, you can always create a topic and we will try to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found any Action Manager £150 course you can link us to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's dollars not pounds, and it doesn't mention Action Manager code explicitly, just "all the aspects of Scripting development". That link is: https://www.ps-scripting.com/ps-scripting.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same I found, but I had to ask as the only difference was the currency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe that there is one chapter dedicated to AM code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines