• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Actions Disappeared

Participant ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using CC 20.0.4 and have discovered my actions have disappeared and only the default one remains. I did locate ATN files in CC18 and moved them to CC 19 presets actions however the actions still do not appear. Any help explaining why actions disappeared and how to get the ATN files recognized would be greatly appreciated. Actions are an integral par of my workflow.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Use Load actions from the actions panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Load actions from the actions panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super - it worked. Thks . Any thoughts as to why the actions disappeared?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why the disappeared but they should show up if you put them in

c:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Presets\Actions\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally put them in c:/program/adobe/adobe ps 2019/preset/actions. Too complicated for me to understand the differences - however bottom line is loading them works - thanks again for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loding actions. Couldnot find. Upgrades should make thinkgs better not worse. took a lot of time for to make these acsstions Lost a bunch of actions I made. Stinks, gotto redo actions each time there is an upgrade????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, Im in the middle of a time sensitive edit and now I have to recreate an action that to hours to get just right all because the upgrade didnt just not recognise my actions, instead it erased them from the previous version's preset folder . . . so I cant even recover them from there . . . its just stupid to overwrite custom user folders with updates, those should be exempt!! Thanks for that Adobe, brilliant thinking!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... Not to mention that my workspace is also reset . . . I feel like a Grade 1 user trying to find everything again!!!

LEAVE USER PRESETS ALONE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, was the action saved, or did it just reside in the action panel?

I have multiple installs, and the presets stay in their respective folders, I am wondering what caused the issue to you.

I've heard that downgrades sometimes caused issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a mixture of saved and unsaved actions, but they are all gone

The link you shared (solution 2) has at least recovered my workspace, thank you.

But actions are MIA 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you search your Disk for *.atn files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just did a search and it shows no atn files except for those within the Photoshop 2021 folders . . . everything for 2020 is gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines