• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Actions have disappeared Photoshop 2022 after update

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest PS 2022 update, all of my actions have disappeared, exept for the default ones. I've read in a few other threads that it is possible to save the actions outside of PS (and then just loading them again), but unless that is something that PS automatically does; I have not. They were all saved in a specific set, separated from the ones I've purchased and from the default ones.

Is there any way to recover lost actions?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try the .psp file from the old version folder if it exists or can be found in a system backup:

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/01/photoshop-custom-action-file-backup.html?m=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stephen! This may be an obvious question, but what do I do with the .psp-file once located? I've tried opening it in PS, but it says that it can't complete beacuse it's not the right king of document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@elins64168270 

For example, copy it from the old 2021 version folder and replace the existing default one in the 2022 version folder. 

This isn't a silver bullet. The .psp file content is often transitory, which is why it is critical to save actual.atn versions of each action set.

The Actions Palette.psp file can often be used to migrate the entire panel/palette or to possibly retrieve unsaved actions. The location of the Actions Palette.psp file can be found in locations similar to:

Mac:

• /Users/username/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop ???? Settings/Actions Palette.psp
  • /Users/username/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings⁩/Actions Palette.psp

Win:
  • C:\Users\username\appData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop ????\Adobe Photoshop ???? Settings\Actions Palette.psp
  • C:\Users\username\appData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings\Actions Palette.psp 

(Replace “username” with your user account name and also replace ???? with your version name/number. On Windows OS, the appData directory is hidden by default).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! So if this solution works, there should be no need to open the copied psp.-file in PS? As I've had no success yet, I just want to make sure I'm not missing any crucial steps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. Quit Photoshop. Copy the old .psp file from the previous install to the new install. IF and only IF the old .psp file contains the lost actions, when you restart the new version the actions will be in the action panel. Keep in mind that this is a slim hope... Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines