• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Actions recording and play help - Make not available

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's two actions that will not work after recording. First, if I record grouping layers together and renaming the group, when the action is played I receive "Make not available" and the grouping and labeling does not take place. The same thing happens if I record and action using Alt-Shift and drag the layer mask to the layer mask below (copy mask and invert). When the action is played it tells me the same thing, "Make not available". I've tried unticking and ticking "Use default layers on fill masks" in the panel options but does not affect. Please help. 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dragging masks to other layer can't be correctly played. Make new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! What about not being able to group the layers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That one should work. I never had problem with it.

Post screenshot of your Actions and Layers panel...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all functions can be recorded and some may not be recorded as you expect or intend. Although actions can be recorded from beginning to end in a simple linear process, they are often best planned in advance, step by step and alternative methods may be required. Action recording may need to be stopped and restarted multiple times in order to "set things up" without those steps being recorded.

Take a look at the recorded action steps. Are explicit/absolute layer names recorded, or are you recording layer selection via relative keyboard shortcuts? Does the file you are recording on have the same layer names, number of layers or position of layers as the file that the action is being played back on have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am testing group creation and renaming in latest Photoshop. It works as expected and beyond. When using keyboard to select layers it will silently create empty group and rename it even in document with Background layer only (see screenshot below). When recording action by clicking on layer to select it it will throw error if layer with that name is not present: The command "Select" is not currently available.

create group using action.jpg

In the past I have recorded actions for distribution that are creating groups from layers and renaming them and never had any problem.

Please pause action when it throws error, ensure that action is expanded and step with error highlighted in the Actions panel. Also ensure that Layers panel is visible and take screenshot then post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@The Hale Collective - so, where are you at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines