• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Actions removed after Update on 2021 - old data too

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, over the weekend Adobe Cloud automatically updated on 2021. I always used an older verson of Photoshop cause of my custom actions. Now, all actions are lost. I cant find the actions in the older index-folders.

All data from PS 19 and 20 are empty. No .atn-data.... 

What shall i do now?! I need this actions.

I cant go back on a update on windows

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020
Unsaved Photoshop actions are stored in the Actions Palette:

Actions Palette.psp

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/script-to-help-back-up-photoshop-settings/td-p/11517871

The location of the Actions Palette.psp file can be found in locations similar to:

Mac:

/Users/username/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop ??? Settings/Actions Palette.psp

If the path has changed for later versions of Photoshop on the Mac, it should be easy enough to find working forwards from the Preferences fold

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unsaved Photoshop actions are stored in the Actions Palette:

Actions Palette.psp

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/script-to-help-back-up-photoshop-settings/td-p/11517871

The location of the Actions Palette.psp file can be found in locations similar to:

Mac:

/Users/username/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop ??? Settings/Actions Palette.psp

If the path has changed for later versions of Photoshop on the Mac, it should be easy enough to find working forwards from the Preferences folder listed above.

Win:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop\???\Adobe Photoshop ??? Settings\Actions Palette.psp

C:\Users\username\appData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop ???\Adobe Photoshop ??? Settings\Actions Palette.psp

P.S. Change "username" for your user account name. On Windows OS, the AppData directory is hidden by default.

The best practice is to manually save out each action set individually to a .atn (action) file using the menu on the upper right of the action palette window.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy, that worked! Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your welcome!

Now, please do yourself a favour and manually save each action set to a .atn file and back them up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i already did it, now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines