• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adding a shape to layers

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm very new to photoshop. I paid for the subscription to design a new color scheme for our house (we are painting our exterior). I am trying to figure out how to add a new shape to our columns. To be more specific. I have three columns on my front porch, these columns are vertical and basic. I am trying to add an arch accent piece to each column connecting the top portion to the eve. (From this look, to this look). As of now, my skill set is limited to updating colors, not add shapes. 

Any insight would be welcomes and appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shape layers are fill Layers that have a vector layer mask.  To define a new custom shape you use the Pen tool to create the vector Paths for your shape.  Once you have all the close paths you shape requires created. You use menu Edit>Define Shape and name your shape in the new shape dialog.

You most likely do not want to create a custom shape for what you are doing.  Just use the pen tool create the Path for the arch you want to add to your house. The convert the Path to a selection add a layer then fill the selection with a color to see how it will look.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines