• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding drawings to gif animations

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently learned how to make a frame animation gif using photoshop. I want to take it further by using the pencil tool to add arrows and diagrams to show movement but I am unsure of what the best way to do this is. 

Please see the gif attached for reference.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please explain in more detail what it is that you are trying to create?

Your attached 7Mb GIF does not contain any animation. Was it supposed to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

The Gif was supposed to contain an animation. I've attached a screenshot of what I'm trying to achieve. After the gif runs its sequence I want the arrows to appear and the box to move downwards at the moment it plays but with no background. Hopefully the attached gif should work now.

Sade24041894e28a_0-1654858830962.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Michael has said, your attached GIF is a still image and not an animation, but it is straight forward adding to an existing frame animation. When you copy a frame animation from the web, it is going to have an equal number of frames and layers like below.  

image.png

To keep things organised, I like to group the existing layers.  Then add the new content on new layers.  By default, added content will show on all frames, but you can decide which frames to have turned on for the new content.  

image.png

When done, export with Save for Web as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor,

Thanka for the advice. I didn't export it with Save as Web. With the animation, I already have the images put together but then wanted to edit it further to add arrows to show what is moving, I've started doing this by adding new layers, however they don't have a background. Please see the attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Trevor,

Just cracked it! Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines